To expedite your check-in process, we need to receive your registration form prior to your procedure date. If not received, the Pre-Registration Department will be contacting you prior to your date of service. You may fax your registration form to 815-741-6764 attention Pre-Registration Department. The Pre-Registration Department direct line is 815-744-3000 ext 131
A Nurse will call you prior to your surgery to collect information about your health to expedite your admission process, if you have not received a call or have a question for the nurse they may be reached by calling 815-744-3000 ext 132.
A scheduler will call you the within 7 days of your surgery, review special instructions and answer any questions you have. If you have not received a call by the day before your surgery or have additional questions please call us at 815-744-3000.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Return to Top
Food and Drink
If you are arriving BEFORE noon:
Do not eat food or dairy products after midnight the night before your surgery. If you are arriving AFTER noon:
The pre operative call will give you instructions on what food or drink may be allowed and at what time.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home.
Return to Top
Notify AmSurg & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home who is an adult over 18 years old. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation. An adult must sign you out of the facility to their care.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery. Have the child bring a favorite toy, blanket, or book with them to surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, and interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Scheduling department 815-744-3000 as soon as possible.
Return to Top